This is the part list with pictures, description and a link where to find
them: I've reported Conrad's part
numbers; you can find all the needed components in this place easily and for
a low price.
1) Sub-D 9-pin serial box [Conrad 711284]:
Very standard component, avoid the metallized ones if you can.
2) Sub-D 9-pin female connector [Conrad 742082]:
3) TSOP 1738 IR receiver [Conrad 171077]:
Many other IR rceivers are avaiable on the market, althought not
always easy to find. Check
lirc receivers page for a better list.
4) 4.7 µF electrolitic capacitor [Conrad 460508]:
Electrolic capacitors are polarized, so you have to connect the
ground pin to the right place; there are other kinds of
non-polarized capacitors and as long as they have 4.7µF
capacitance they will be perfect, perhaps only a bit more expensive.
5) 5V 100mA TO-92 78L05 voltage regulator [Conrad 183024]:
You must check the data sheet of your own voltage regulator;
many devices have the input and output pins exchanged in
position than the one I used. DON'T only refer to my
pictures when you solder it.
Of course you can use a device with max output of 150mA or more,
but it's likely it will be a bit bigger thus more diffucult to
solder inside the connector.
6) 4.7kOhm 1/10W resistor [Conrad 400335]:
I used a 1/10W resistor only because it's a bit reduced in size;
a normal 1/2W one will be just as good, perhaps only slightly more
difficult to fit inside the connector.
7) 1N4148 universal diode [Conrad 162280]:
8) Little piece of wire:
New! Buy a mounted and tested receiver
Copyright (C) 2002 Alessio Sangalli, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part list
- IR-receiver and Voltage regulator
- Diode and Resistor
- Capacitor and Wire
- Mounting inside the box
- Closing and serial number